October 3, 2017
Maria Response, Mexico City, Irma, Harvey Recovery
Today ALAN, Airlink, and LIFT initiated a non-profit supply chain coordination call. Similar to the private sector call, the time is an opportunity to collaborate and discuss logistics and supply chain issues common across all non-profits. Issues surfaced include:
- Availability of air, ocean, and ground transport options
- Fuel availability
- Shared air/ocean shipping
Additional needs are being posted to http://alanaid.org/logistics-map
Tonight’s top takeaways:
ALAN, LIFT , and MIT’s Humanitarian Response Lab continue to host a daily private sector supply chain coordination call for Hurricane Maria. To request access to this call, please email email@example.com. The group serves as a forum for business collaboration, information and resource sharing, and problem identification and resolution. The group has raised a number of issues critical to resumption of efficient supply chain activities, including:
- available air/ocean capacity. This is dynamic, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with specific inquiries.
- Prioritization of container offloading – priorities as set by governor. Checking per continuing information request re: container throughput
- Status of radar at SJU – checking with PR governor’s office and FAA
- Maps of FEMA and Commonwealth distribution points – will request update/posting to NBEOC dashboard
LIFT is continuing to match cargo with logistics capacity, utilizing all modes. Businesses who need to request shipping support may do so at http://alanaid.org/prship
A reminder on how to request and offer support:
Please refer to guidance from National VOAD and the Puerto Rico Federal Affairs Administration regarding how best to help survivors.
DHS and FEMA are holding a daily private sector coordination call at 3 PM Eastern. Dial-in number and participant passcode/pin: Dial-In #: 800-324-5531 pin: 798364 NBEOC Operations Dashboard: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/maria2017
Looking for something you saw in a previous report? Check our website: www.alanaid.org/sitreps
Please help us share important messaging about our activities. Follow us on Twitter, Like Us on Facebook, Follow us on LinkedIn.
ALAN is a 501(c)(3) organization which relies upon the generosity of individuals and businesses to conduct our operations. We never charge a fee for any of our disaster relief coordination activities or information referral services. Your donations are greatly appreciated, and may be made online.